Campus Police


Our police departments have adopted a Community Policing philosophy in order to ensure the safety and security of our students and campus employees and visitors. The Police Department strives to work with our faculty, staff and students to ensure a safe environment where students can learn, study and grow in all areas.

Our goal is to provide easy access for students and visitors to information vital to campus and personal safety. It is the hope of our Police Departments to assist our students in succeeding with their goals of educational excellence.

Report A Crime Now

You can anonymously report a crime by filing out our online form.
This is 100% Anonymous.


Helpful Links
Clery Reports
Drug & Alcohol Awareness

Off-Campus Law Enforcement
Hinds County Sheriff Department & Raymond Jail
1450 County Farm Road
Raymond, MS 39154
(601) 857-4800

Jackson Police Department
327 East Pascagoula Street
Jackson, MS 39205
(601) 960-1234

Pearl Police Department
2422 Old Brandon Rd
Pearl, MS 39208
(601) 932-4568

Raymond Police Department
114 East Main Street
Raymond, MS 39154
(601) 857-0515

Utica Police Department
108 White Oak Street
Utica, MS 39175
(601) 885-8752

Warren County Sheriff Department
1000 Grove Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183
(601) 636-1761

Information for Theft Victims

The HCC Police Department regrets your loss and wishes to assist you in every way possible. We often coordinate our criminal investigations with other law enforcement agencies. If the offense took place on-campus, it is not necessary for you to also report it to another law enforcement agency.

The criminal incident you have reported to The HCC Police Department will be investigated by our officers. Normally, for such an investigation to be successful, an investigating agency needs some or all of the following elements:

  • Evidence
  • Witnesses or Suspects
  • Serial numbers or identifying markings
  • Other such information or leads

Serial numbers or identifying markings are vitally important for the possible recovery of stolen property. Stolen items with such identification are often recovered through pawn shops, police arrests or by the National Crime Information Computer. If you are not certain of the serial number of a valuable item, such information can often be found from maintenance agreements, packing boxes, from the manufacturer or seller, warranty cards or purchase agreements.

Actions to be taken

If Personal information was stolen for example from a purse, book bag or wallet you may need to take additional steps to ensure your information can not be used to commit additional crimes or you become a victim of Identity Theft.

  • Banks and Credit Card: Companies should be contacted and advised that the accounts numbers were stolen. These companies will walk you through what you will need to do. You would also want to contact all three credit bureaus and place a ‘Fraud Alert’ on your bureaus. Most banks maintain a web site with phone numbers available.
  • Cell Phones: Carriers should be contacted and advised that the phone has been stolen.
  • ID Cards: For a University ID cards, contact the ID center to have the card canceled and a new card issued.
    How to report additional information

Additional References


Jackson Campus
Nursing Allied Health Center
Derrick Smith
Assistant Chief of Police
  • Operator: 601-376-4807
  • Emergencies: 601-376-4911
Stan Fisher
Chief of Police - Rankin Campus
George Wynne Bldg.
  • Police Nonemergency Line:
  • All Emergencies: Dial 911
William "Bart" Evans
Chief of Police - Raymond Campus
Lower Level / Student Union


Emergency Information Recorded Line
Dean's Office